SCREEN AND STAGE APPLICATIONWe are looking for advanced screenwriters, playwrights, or television writers to read, review, and give constructive feedback on works in progress and completed scripts in Manhattan.
Please do not submit an application if you are not serious about improving your writing, and unable to commit the time to a writing workshop. Please check your availability prior to submitting an application. If interested in applying for membership, please read the info below prior to contacting us.
The two-part application consists of a properly formatted script sample (fifteen page maximum) which represents your best work as an RTF, Final Draft, or Adobe Acrobat attachment. To see what this looks like, click here.
Interested screenwriters or playwrights must have completed at least (1) unpublished feature screen or three-act stage play and at least (2) film shorts. TV writers must have completed at least (3) 30-minute or one-hour episodes to apply to the workshop.
1. Who are you? Please provide a personal and/or professional biography, including age, and tell us about your creative writing background.
2. What are your professional goals as a writer?
3. Have you been a member of a writing group before? If so, list elements that worked and which areas that could have been improved? Click here to take our optional survey.
4. What are your realistic expectations in applying to a writers' workshop?
5. How would you handle a harsh critique?
6. Does your current schedule include time to commit to a weekly workshop for at least twelve weeks?
7. List several screenwriters, playwrights, or television writers you admire and whose work has been important to you as a reader and your growth as a writer.
We appreciate your interest and application. Potential membership happens in three stages: application/writing sample, two-way personal interview with the moderator, and an audit session with current workshop members. We apologize in advance for not being able to respond to all applicants.
*Morningside Writers Workshops are $300 per twelve-week session. Our next is May 7th - July 23rd, 2018 (application deadline is midnight on 04/23/18). We also use a non-disclosure agreement and membership bylaws.
Workshops for Publishing Success!